- Assume your partner has good intentions towards you.
2. Love is perseverance and commitment more than a feeling.
3. Accept your partner for who they are rather than who you want them to be. Don’t try to change them.
4. You and your partner are one. Whatever you do to your partner, you indirectly do to yourself.
5. Marriage is in the ordinariness of everyday life, not constant romance.
6. You choose each day that you want to be in this relationship.
7. Choose to see frustrating things about your partner as an opportunity for you to develop kindness, patience, and forgiveness.
8. Remember why you fell in love with your partner in the first place.
9. Every relationship experiences difficulties. Successful relationships hang in there through the hard times.
10. Remember that you’re not perfect either.
11. Focus on the good qualities in each other.
12. Have realistic expectations about marriage, yourself and your partner.